Total Pageviews

20 August 2011

Thrown Pots

Here are some thrown and glazed pots.

Glass Beads

I learnt to make glass beads during the Colour and Surface project at college and found it very addictive and calming. I made 20 beads for my sisters 18th Birthday present and made 20 again for myself because they were so pretty. However 3 or 4 broke whilst cleaning the bead release from the inside bit.

Sister's bracelet

My bracelet

Screen Printed Glass Ideas

There was a Summer Exhibition of 2nd and 3rd year students work at Plymouth College of Art and there was someone who done glass bowls with screen printed designs on them and then the glass was slumped in a bowl mould to get the shape, really beautiful swirls and spirally patterns in a royal blue and yellow colour. To view her work click on the link -> 

There was a chance to learn Screen Printing glass during the Colour and Surface project in glass but i thought it would be better for me to go to the ceramcic Colour and Surface session because i am interested more in ceramics. However i would now like to learn this technique next year as i have come up with some designs.

19 August 2011

The Spiral Loopy Piece

Unfortunately the Spiral Loopy Piece fell apart whilst I was trying to neaten up the joins I did try and save it but it was too dry and in the end had to be recycled but I will try again in the future.

Porcelain Tiles

I had some left over porcelain for my personal project at college so I thought I might put it to good use so I've been making some tiles with flowers pressed into them and some buttons that I've bought from a local shop. I've also made some pendants too. Unfortunately 8 tiles have broken so far but that happens.

Wall Panel

the broken ones

Wall Panel

the pendants

5 August 2011

Spiral Loopy Piece

The first half done.

 The two halves put together. 

I was making a terracotta piece then I had an idea of doing a half terracotta and half stoneware then it adapted to a piece that with each layer of loops went terracotta stoneware terracotta stoneware etc. Then it when to a spiral of two clays in a loopy piece. I didnt know if it was possible but I had faith that it would work so I tried it out and after 8 or 9 hours over 2 days it was finished. It was starting to fall apart a bit but I kept them moist and then when I plucked up the courage I then joined the two pieces together and I am so thrilled with the results I have just got to clean up the joins and other bits then hope that it survives the journey to Colchester where it is going to be fired at.