Total Pageviews

5 August 2011

Spiral Loopy Piece

The first half done.

 The two halves put together. 

I was making a terracotta piece then I had an idea of doing a half terracotta and half stoneware then it adapted to a piece that with each layer of loops went terracotta stoneware terracotta stoneware etc. Then it when to a spiral of two clays in a loopy piece. I didnt know if it was possible but I had faith that it would work so I tried it out and after 8 or 9 hours over 2 days it was finished. It was starting to fall apart a bit but I kept them moist and then when I plucked up the courage I then joined the two pieces together and I am so thrilled with the results I have just got to clean up the joins and other bits then hope that it survives the journey to Colchester where it is going to be fired at.

No comments:

Post a Comment