Total Pageviews

16 November 2011

Porcelain Slipcasting

I apologise in advance for the poor quality of photos as they were taken on my phone.

I've tried slipcasting with porcelain last year for my personal project but it kept on ripping. So I thought I'd try it again and it worked. I made some plaster moulds of some thrown pots I made, turned and put my stamp on. I seperated the plain slip into 4 pots and added different amounts of cobalt oxide to them so they should come out blue. They are going to be fired straight to 1260 degrees celcius (I'm not going to put a glaze on them) then once they are fired I'm going to sandblast different patterns on them for tea light holders.
ready to be fired (the back 3 are darker because I used a higher percentage of cobalt oxide)

a porcelain jar again going up to 1260 degrees and then sandblasted

in the kiln

No comments:

Post a Comment