Total Pageviews

14 December 2011

Finished Wall Panel

So here it is the porcelain circles wall panel in all its deserved glory. I've spray painted the 45cm x 45cm MDF board with satin black and then using a cardboard circle with a hole in the centre drew the design on the board and marked the middles of each circle. Once I had found the middle I then hammered in each of the 141 (I think) nails at the same height using a spirit level for accuracy. (The nails were going to be at different heights but the board was too thin the make it possible but I was more concerned about the gradiant) Then using Unibond no nails adhesive blobbed a bit on each nail and placed the circles on top. Overall I am very pleased with the piece and will be willing to make more (different sizes too) in the future; I love how some of the circles have got streaks of white in with the blue which was a happy accident. This piece will be for sale once I've had the assessment on the 16th January.

full view

view of the galvanised roofing nails

gradiant

the centre

No comments:

Post a Comment