Total Pageviews

2 July 2014

Finished Piece...

After 18 hours spread over 3 days I've finished making the piece that I made in my 1st year at Plymouth College of Art but updated it to my style. So instead of loops which I used in my 1st year I used disks which I developed on in my 3rd year.

The piece that I wanted to update from my 1st year.

Using disks and attaching them on the corners of the disks leaving a slit for the light to pass through. The disks are also thinner than usual so hopefully the transparency of the porcelain will show through too.
Next I will be looking in to using a lighter material to see if it is possible to create ceiling lights. As the weight of the ceramics will be too much I think.

Also if you are in the area don't forget that I am exhibiting at The Big Art Show in Shrewsbury, Shropshire on 19th and 20th July 10am-5pm 

No comments:

Post a Comment